In the course of interacting with Ethereum, you may find yourself wishing to do more than just exchanging currency. Smart contracts for every kind of transaction and the privacy and efficiency they provide is poised to become the part of the blockchain movement with the biggest potential impact for world-wide change. It can be complex, but that is rapidly changing and evolving as well.
One of the ways to quickly create, test and manage contracts with Ethereum is by using Truffe.
What is Truffle?
A development environment, testing framework and asset pipeline for blockchains using the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM).
With Truffle, you get:
- Built-in smart contract compilation, linking, deployment and binary management.
- Automated contract testing for rapid development.
- Scriptable, extensible deployment & migrations framework.
- Network management for deploying to any number of public & private networks.
- Package management with EthPM & NPM, using the ERC190 standard.
- Interactive console for direct contract communication.
- Configurable build pipeline with support for tight integration.
- External script runner that executes scripts within a Truffle environment.
It's designed to simplify and automate some of the more clunky aspects of developing and deploying contracts. They have excellent documentation on every phase of the process, here.
- Creating a Project
- Compiling Contracts
- Running Migrations
- Interacting with Your Contract
- Debugging Your Contracts
- Using Truffle Develop and The Console
- Writing External Scripts
- Using The Build Pipeline
- Testing Your Contracts
- Writing Tests in Solidity
- Networks and App Deployment
- Build Processes
You can then run and monitor your contracts right from your Mist browser, the same place you can manage your Ethereum wallet account(s). Once you've launched Mist and connected to your node you can click on the <Contracts> button on the Mist application UI.